Monday 22 December 2014

Createspace and Contemplation.


Alright, there we go. The books are ordered! Had to submit a couple of times, frustratingly, due to formatting cock-up, but I'm glad I took the time to look through page-by-page because I would've kicked myself if they'd come back like that! 


But we got there, and there it is -- NaNoWriMo 2014 is officially finished. 

I can't believe it's only been an month and two-thirds, I feel like so much has happened in what amounts to 52 days! 

Today I had a read through of what I've got of Book One and went for a walk with my thoughts, trying to get back in the head-space ready for continuation, and I've started re-plotting again. I've got the same nervous-excitement in my stomach as though I'm starting from scratch. I feel like writing the sequels has given me good perspective on it, though? Baah I'm scared XD 

In other news we finally finally got our promised 'story' from J.K centering on Draco and... well... predictable, I think is the kindest word. I was interested to read that he was tight friends with Goyle and Theo Nott pre-Hogwarts, but Crabbe was a later addition to the clique. But, tbh, that was really that got my fanfiction wheels whirring. It was basically a re-cap of the seven books plus a perplexed admonishment directed at female Draco-fans. It left me pretty mad actually, and solidified my thoughts that I love the Potter-verse desperately purely because she left SO so much to the imagination, not because she's a good writer with interesting characterizations. It's pretty tragic, actually, how black and white she sees it all when the majority of her fans have brought colour to her creation. And you'd think, with all these years to think about it... I don't know. It's too predictable to be disappointing. 

I'm content with my head-canon Draco, I don't think anything official at this point will put a dent in that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment