Saturday 6 December 2014

A Creature of Habit

Last year, I was pretty pleased that I'd managed to break myself out of bad habits -- I could happily scribble away anywhere with anything, setting and circumstance didn't matter. And I've been pretty good at sustaining that... until recently.
Now I find it impossible to write at home on my laptop. Which is fine on the days we're in Starbucks, but less fine on the days off. I don't know what it is -- I just can't concentrate at home like I used to :P Too many distractions, I suppose. Need to work on getting back into good habits, especially now my daily output is dwindling. 

Saying that, today's been another good day. A big reveal's on the shore and the characters are behaving themselves nicely. And words are coming easily! I think I'm still riding off the back of yesterday. Got some real nice compliments on my most recent excerpt, and good reviews are pretty potent as fuel! Hopefully it'll last!

Having Lilo and Stitch cravings today (such a good movie don't even talk to me) so let's have some of that here!


3 comments:

  1. Glad that you're having a good day again!! And I wish you can get back into your writing-at-home habit soon! Keep it up! :D
    (I totally love that song too btw!!! ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that having good habits at home is really hard! During December I've tried to double my efforts as well - I've taken my laptop onto the couch with me and a nice cup of coffee. I've written at the kitchen table where I can look outside. Sometimes I'll trample upstairs into my office where I can blast my music and write in the dark!
    What I haven't tried yet is type standing up!
    Try something crazy today and let us know if it helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a good idea actually! I will try something crazy (one day!) I always get distracted by nice views though... maybe I'll try the standing up one!

      Delete