Sunday 30 November 2014

Today my mother poked her foot in the door of my life again (she's on holiday in Mexico and yet still has nothing better to do than cyber-stalk me...) so, as ever, I'm battling with some weird feelings that I really shouldn't have to be dealing with.

So here's a nice thing somebody said to me yesterday on the forum to make myself feel better --

Dear God, do I ever understand what Dakin is going through. Living with the memories of people you love and hate so much and seeing the part that you hate about them rise in you. That right there is something so identifiable about the human condition. Amid this wonderful, fantastic story you've created is a powerful truth. And finding that truth, as far as I'm concerned, is the purpose of storytelling. Well done!

I never consciously write about the personal relationships I have with people, but it's interesting when a third party manages to just put their finger on the complication inside your head.

This is the reason I don't regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment