Sunday 30 November 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 - That's a Wrap!




Aaaand there we go. November is over. Wow. That was... quite a mad month! I've signed off with 77,500 words, a novel and a half, and I feel like I can breathe again. I excited to carry on, as though I'm starting the month over, but at a more relaxed, less maniacal pace. I have big plans for these books and I'm looking forward to pulling them into shape!

Thank you to everyone I've chatted to over this month - it's been a real pleasure watching everyone work and sharing snippets! I can't wait to do all the beta swaps and finally spend some quality time reading! The NaNo community is so priceless, and really takes away the 'lonely writer' edge and makes it a much more communal endeavor. Novelling is much more fun when you've got people cheering you on, especially when the morose 'Uuugh I hate words!' phase sets in. I hope to see everyone hanging around into the revision months!

Thank you, especially, to everyone who's meandered over and said hello through interest in my excerpts. Really, I can't even describe what a compliment that is. Fanfiction is one thing -- you've pretty much got a ready-made readership right there -- but to have people fascinated by something that is purely out of my head... Wow. Thank you. It gives me hope and reassurance that I'm on the right track. I love my characters more than I can say, and I'm honoured that other people love them too. I hope I can make something worthy of that.

Alright alright, I'll stop blathering >_< 

Happy Novelling, all! It's been a blast!




No comments:

Post a Comment