Monday 3 November 2014

Day Three

Today is Monday and the third day in. My word count, as it stands, is 10,205. I'm just going to look at that number and let it sink in for a while.

The most bizarre thing about this word count -- and it certainly isn't the number, there are countless people with much higher word counts! -- is the fact that I'm actually pretty darn pleased with what I've got. My characters are, more or less, doing what they're told, and I've been hitting the milestones I set for myself. Yesterday was more of a filler day, but the story's still very much on track and it was all relevant. 

I think I'm just going to continue to do 5k a day until I burn out and need to lie in a dark room for several hours.

I expect that will come sooner that I think it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment