Friday 28 November 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 - Day 28; Second Goal Achieved!

Huzzah! 75k reached! 

I knew within a few days of crossing 50k that I simply wasn't going to make 100, and that's okay. I've done more than I ever imagined I'd be ablle to -- remember my freak out thinking I was going to lose this one?? -- so I'm pretty delighted to have got a novel-and-a-half in a month. 

And there's still two and a half days left, so how knows what's going to happen then?

I think, what I'm trying to say in this post, is that I now really feel like I've won NaNoWriMo 2014. I feel good -- not the light headed good of hitting 50k -- but a deep, kind of heavy good of knowing that I've really challeneged myself and made the most of this month, which is exactly what I set out to do, and what I really feared I would fail at. 

The second novel, 'Dragons', is certainly much more similar to last year's novel in that it definitely feels 'pants'd', as opposed to 'Guilders' which was loosely planned and will need a lot less work. I'm exploring a lot of new territory in 'Dragons', though, and most of that I wasn't expecting to even have to think about until next year! It's coming together nicely, though, and I'm having a lot of fun with dragons and complicated semi-romantic relationships, which have so far been completely absent from this series. And I think I know my ending? I think? Don't count your chickens though, I've still got 25-ish K to go!

I will probably post a snippet from 'Dragons' in the next couple of days, but if you can't wait, you can find one on my NaNo page (link in the side)

P.S -- what's with all these hits from France all of a sudden? Who are you?? Let me know! It's been great chatting to people ho have messaged me!

No comments:

Post a Comment