Friday 21 November 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 - 3 Weeks In

It's the 21st and I am at 66,000-ish words.

I'm so word-knackered it's not even funny. Book 3 (tentatively titles 'The Freedom of Dragons') is going very well in someways and very badly in others. Writing feels like wading through molasses. The content is good but the quality of writing has gone "Weeee! Boom!" I need a break. I need to read real books again. I've been reading a lot of Fruits Basket again -- I love it so much it isn't even funny. I'm telling myself it's to help me with Kai (loosely inspired by Kakeru) but I'm not even fooling myself. I just love Furuba. I want to write fic.

I feel like I need to write important, interesting blog posts but my head feels like it's filled with cotton-wool. So I'll keep those for later and do some retrospective blog posts. Maybe post some excerpts.

Ugh. I read my 3rd draft of Book One. You know, the one that's supposed to be good? *headdesk* It. Just. Isn't. But really.

I need a break.

I am coming up to an exciting bit in 'Dragons' though, and I'm really excited to write Ammy (although I've never written a little girl before though, so?!?!?!)

The process of writing is so much more fun than the finished product. Does that make sense? I love writing but I hate what I produce.

I don't know how to change that? Can I change it? Or is that just how it is?

Ugh.

It does look pretty though, the 'manuscript'. I've been playing with the formatting ready for my createspace prize, and it does look very pretty. Shame about the content...

No comments:

Post a Comment