Thursday 16 April 2015

Editing Editing Editing!

Feeling obscenely better now I've put 'Eastern Sea' to the side and let myself concentrate on scribbling all over 'Moon Path'. I was quite concerned that I hadn't given myself enough space from it to be able to edit well, but I'm finding that I can tackle it objectively and really rip it to shreds.

It's brilliant!

There have been a few places I've winced at, but I've been able to work them through and sketch out a plan on how to make them un-cringy. Everything can be fixed, right? 

At the moment, I'm on page 86 out of 246 of the initial edit, which basically consists of making comments such as 'awkward', 'rework' and 'cliche!' But I love it ^^ Despite it's (many) flaws, I'm really happy with it overall -- and that's a really good sign. 

I'm loving having it all laid out in front of me. It's so much easier to flick through and make a quick note on continuity than to have to scrowl through the document and search for each instance that it comes up. Good life choice in printing this!

The hard part, of course, will come later when the time comes to transfer the pencil scribbles onto the word document and actually implement all these changes. Hopefully I'll come out the other end with something vastly improved. 

I'm measuring my progress in the traditional way of 1hour = 1k and have added 5k to my Camp score (I've done more but before I decided to use it for Camp) 

Just... feeling good. This story really is my happy place and I am very proud of the progress I've made on it. Even if nothing comes of it, I will always be pleased with what I've learnt and achieved in this process :)


No comments:

Post a Comment