Tuesday 7 April 2015

Camp NaNo -- Week 2

So, wow, what a week!

It's been an insanely stressful few days but, after having a bit of a breakdown on Friday, I gave myself permission to completely take the weekend off and it did me the world of good. So much, in fact, that I succeeded on one of my challenges for this month -- to write 10,000 words in one day. I started at 7:30 yesterday morning and hit 5k by midday, 7,500 by the time we left Starbucks and -- after 3-4 hours at the hospital -- whacked out the last quarter in the couple of hours before bed.

And it feels. So. Good. 

I've found that, with breaks, I can regularly write 1k in half an hour and sustain that relatively easy over a day. A good thing to know about myself ^^


I'm enjoying my story a lot -- it's incredibly rough and almost completely exposition! But I love it, and it's great fun to explore the wider background of this world! 

So, Camp isn't as consistent as I'd've liked, but it's a wild ride and I'm having fun with it in a different way to November. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday x
    I have sent you something but it might still be in Chicago according to track and trace.
    I hope that you have a great day and a really good year ahead x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Chicago customs is quite nice so hopefully it won't be deported! Will let you know if/when it makes it to the otherside. Hope all's well with you x

    ReplyDelete