Thursday 2 April 2015

Day 2

My word count, as it stands, is 9,054, 7k of which were written yesterday. My goal for today is to write 5km bringing me up to 12k. I had hoped that I'd get in a 10k day before Easter but circumstances are such that it's been impossible. My father-in-law went in for a small procedure a couple of days ago, following some worries about his heart. It turns out he had to have quintuple bypass surgery. It's been a stressful few days, but I think we're through the worst of it *touchwood*. Needless to say, we haven't been sleeping at all well an today I feel more dead than a zombie. 

10k ain't happening. I"m trying not to put pressure on myself -- I'm still above where I need to be -- but with going away for Easter weekend, I know it's going to put me behind again and I hate that. 

Anyway, it's going well. It's really fun writing something lighter and branching out to a wider cast again (I"m so glad Moon-Path is finished!) so I'm just having fun with it. It's a big glorious mess! 

Being in the wonderful cabin that I am has really escalated my competitivness -- which is also not helping the thought of falling behind! -- and all but two people have made a brilliant start. Even without their contribution we made our combined daily word count yesterday (44,008) so that's fun to see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment