Friday 14 March 2014

The Ups and the Downs.

There is nothing in-between.

One moment, I am on top of the world, flying high as a kite; everything is Good, and life couldn't be better.

The next...Well, suffice it to say, I feel like the most incompetent person and the worst writer ever to grace the surface of the planet. I look back at the writing I was so pleased with two days ago and I just want to cry. How had I ever thought that anyone would want to read that? How could I ever be so delusional as to think that I was good at it?

But I've always been this way, and I suppose I'm used to it to some degree?

The good and the bad thing now - and the thing that I am still trying to teach myself - is how to continue to function whilst riding the low. Before, I could just set my pen down and forget about it for as long as it took to pick myself out of the funk. But now there is no choice. Now I have to suck it up and keep going, with my work and with my novel.

How do you continue with something that has to be top quality whilst feeling like it's the worst thing ever? How can you tell if it really is crap, or if it's just your black mood?

I don't know.

Someone tell me the trick, please.  

No comments:

Post a Comment