Thursday 27 March 2014

The Approach of NaNo


As April looms over us, I am keenly aware of how much prep I need to do for the upcoming Camp NaNoWriMo. At the moment - touch wood! - I'm feeling pretty good about it. I have a solid beginning, and I am pleased with the style I have chosen to work in. My goal is to write something that I would consider to be my favourite book, and that is certainly a daunting task! 

I'm still uncertain as to what to put for my word count goal; I have so many different projects on the go freelance-wise, I don't want to overwhelm myself too much, but then again I really do want to make the most of the opportunity that NaNo affords. I've gone down from 50k to 25, but I'm considering going back up to 30. 

At least I've found the music that will get me through it! The Firefly Doundtrack by Joss Wheldon is The Best television soundtrack - including Game of Thrones - that I have ever had the pleasure to come across. It's an absolute delight to listen to, and nothing quite like any soundtrack I normally have in my ears. 

I have also been assigned my 'Camp'. Of course, luck being luck, I was not put with any of the people I wanted to be, but they seem like a decent lot so hopefully it'll work out. I'm still not sure how the whole camp thing works, but it'll be nice to NaNo with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment