Sunday 2 August 2015

August Updates

Well, July was a crazy one! Got through Camp by the skin of my teeth -- still haven't quite worked out if Camp suits me, but I love the atmosphere and the camaraderie of it. Didn't finish Moon Path as I wanted to, but got through the hell that is The Middle, and now I found myself in the marshmallow fluff that is The End. I mean, still got about 30k to go, but blasted through the first chapter yesterday and feeling very confident with this section. 

I think it's the relief of not having to care about wordcount. 

Still, three months 'til NaNo Proper! Lots to do, and I can't wait to get down and get Book 4 out. I'm as eager to know what happens as anyone else!   

Contest-wise, I'm through to the next round! Voting doesn't start again 'til Wednesday, but had a look at the second lines and it's looking exciting. Interestingly, I've found that some of my favourite first lines don't exactly hold up under their second lines, whereas some of the first lines that didn't grab me initially are really elevated by the continuation! It's really fascinating, and I love that it's really anyone's game. 

In other exciting news, I had an interview with FixYourWritingHabits published today, talking about ghostwriting and editing. They're doing a month looking into different kinds of writing careers, so pretty psyched to be a part of that! Speaking of which, writing for The Writers' Helpers is still going swimmingly, and all my articles can be found ---> Over in the LinkLink.

Today is a good day. One of my wonderful writing buddies sent me his book yesterday, and it's such a pleasure to read! I really have nothing more eloquent to say about it yet other than *flail* Adfghjk!! Also, looking at writing desks and I think I've settled on this one. It'll be lovely to have a proper writing space that isn't the end of the dining room table! 

This month is going to be a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You're so productive!!
    I've read all the articles on The Writer's Helpers and the interview. Great stuff!
    You clearly know what you're talking about and give very good advice to those writers in need! I'm sure you've helped tons of ppl already! ^_^
    Keep up the awesome work!!
    (And YAY for the new writing corner!! ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you ^^ That really means a lot. I'm having a serious case of Imposter Syndrome, but battling through it haha Just a matter of keeping up momentum now >_< Hope everything's going well with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally can relate with the Impostor Syndrome and I'll let you in on a little secret: it never goes away... Even after you got published! (I freakin' published 6 novels and still battle it every now and then.) So yeah, better learn now how to put up with it cause the Impostor Syndrome comes in a sort of a package deal with a muse and the desire to be(come) an artist! :P
      Good luck but hey, if you ever need to vent, I'm here :)

      Delete