Friday 7 August 2015

A Continuation of Good Fortune

Well, where to start...


I have a job! A really wonderful job (I had my first shift today) At Menchies Frozen Yoghurt. It's basically the cutest little franchise you've ever seen; my co-workers are frickin' lovely, and my manager wants to promote me already. And the uniform is insane. Will post pic soon! 

It's full time/ 40hrs a week, but it's right across from Starbucks so I can go in early and get some writing done before my shifts. I think it's really going to focus me, having less time.

Buuut! Writing at home has suddenly become much more pleasant  because (babababaaa!) I have a desk!! I love it, and it's already inspired some great words. I think it's the pet Aloe plant we bought to keep him company. So now I have a little space of my own to keep my papers and books, and where I can sit so people know not to bother me. 

Writing-wise, Part 3's going swimmingly. On the home stretch now, and definitely feeling that! Everything's starting to come together and it's great to see :D 

Second leg of the contest went up a few days ago HERE And they've linked to the judges' results, which makes it super scary, but it's exciting to see that I'm not crashing and burning haha! Will here if I've got through to Round Three on... Monday, I think? 

So, yeah. Good stuff :D 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good news all around! Probably one of the best summers you've ever had, no? I know it would be for me! :P
    Congrats on the new job (I so totally love their logo!!! <3 ) and your new writing corner is just awesome!
    And keep up the great work with your novel: it'll be published even before you know it!
    (Hum, if they got leftovers at Menchie's, can you bring me home some? ^_^ hihi)

    ReplyDelete