Sunday 26 October 2014

NaNoWriMo FML: It Begins.

My netbook. My baby. My novelling device. Oh, what a love-hate relationship we do have.

It is at once the most convenient, most frustrating, life-saving, soul-destroying piece of equipment that I have ever had the pleasure/misfortune of owning.

As light as my manuscript binder, I can stick it in my rucksack and carry it anywhere I desire. It is unobtrusive and subtle AND THE CHARGER HAS BLOWN AGAIN!

I have owned it for just under two years, and this is the third charger I've gone through. I lost the first one three days into last year's NaNo, when I had no other word-processing device, and the second a few months later just before going back to England.

I don't know why it always, without fail, chooses the moment that is the most inconvenient. I'm pretty sure it's a sentient being and has a little calender on which it writes, 'Esme's Important Writing Time: Remember to Break.'

Oh, and my headphones bust yesterday.

Hopefully (pleasepleasepleeaase!!!) this is the week to get all this silly nonsense out of the way so I can just NaNo in peace.

Pleasepleasepleeaase!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment