Thursday 30 October 2014

A Pleasant Surprise.

So, I've been chatting to a lot more NaNo'ers this year, sort of just building up a nice little group of writing buddies, and today one of them said to me -- 

"Your passion for writing and writing quality should be shared with the world! Very few people actually take pride in their work and I believe that you have the ability to light that flame."

Which took me quite by surprise. I don't try and talk with any authority on writing. Any advice I give out is taken from my own (limited) experience. Writing is a very personal process, and it differs very much from one person to the next, so I always expect anything I say to be taken with a grain of salt. 

But it's really nice to think that I am helping people? Even just a bit. Even though I write very selfishly, it's nice to know that it's becoming a less lonesome past-time.

Does that make sense?

In other news -- TWO DAYS! ASDFGHJK!!!

And I really should've started my prep earlier... I need to get to a good pausing point in Book One, write some of the ending of Book One (to get into the older mindset of my characters), write up character sheets so I know all the baggage that they're carrying over to Book Two (and, my god! is there baggage!) and make very brief notes on everything that's in my head and Bloody Hell! why have I left it all to the last minute???

On top of that, I need to finish up and post my NaNo care-package to Leenie and finish up the fic I've been distracting myself with because I really can't do fic as well in November. I just can't. Another not-really-problem is that I've just made a new HP friend who's really getting my fired up about Severus Snape and I want to do fic!!!! But I don't. I love my original story and I can't wait to do the sequel, but but but.......

Everything's going to be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment