Friday 3 October 2014

Empty Space

Somewhere along the way
I let go of my hand
and lost myself.

In a pile of dirty laundry
that I've put off
and put off
doing

I can't look
(won't look)
at it
for me

Not that I would know
what to look for
if I did

I've forgotten.

It's been so long.

The memory
(flickering fading dying)
is warped
twisted
beyond any
sensible recognition.

I miss it though.

I still see
right at the back
the silhouette
of where I used to be.

That familiar
empty space
that I once
occupied
that was once
mine.

Small and squat
and safe and
mine.

The world got bigger and
for some reason
somewhere along the way
I stopped growing with it.

It left me behind
let go of my hand
and lost me.

What happens now
when the world is too big
for me?

Too Much
Unfamiliar
Empty Space.

No comments:

Post a Comment