Wednesday 22 July 2015

Exciting Stuff!

Well, good or bad, news usually comes in threes, and it certainly has over the last couple of days!

First off, my new position as admin for The Writers' Helpers has kicked off to a rather fabulous start! Three posts in, the links to which can be found in my shiny new 'link' link, and I feel very settled ^^ This is definitely what I was made to do, help out aspiring writers, so it's a real pleasure to have an actual platform on which to do that. I will be updating the Link Link with every post I make, so be sure to check it out.

Secondly -- and this is where I get cheeky and ask for help -- I've entered my first contest! It's held by Adventures in YA Publishing, a rather nifty blog I've been following for a while which has great interviews with authors and agents in the YA circuit. The contest is for first lines of unpublished novels. A hundred are posted, then wittled down over the course of a couple of months by votes from the public (35%) and the professional involved (65%) 

So I'd really really appreciate it if you could pop over, take a look around, and vote. You can vote for as many as you like, and there are some pretty awesome ones. Mine, if anyone's interested *hinthint* is 'Cupping the moon in his hands, Dakin offers it to his little brother.' And if you do happen to like and vote for mine, I will love you forever <3 Contest

Lastly, I got confirmation that my work permit's on the way!!!! Only two months later :D Finally feeling properly settled in the States now ^^

Hope everyone's having a fabulous July! 

3 comments:

  1. Hey there!
    Sounds like someone is having a rather great month of July!!! :D
    I'm so happy for you! ^_^ All those great news...
    I will definitely peek at the Link Link and I have already voted for you on the contest! :)
    It sounds pretty interesting too! Tell me, are those lines entered the very first line of each novel? Or is it just a line that the author picked in his book?
    What are the prizes?
    (I know, I'm curious hihi I just thought maybe I could participate next time but if you feel like it's too much of a bother to answer me, just say it and I'll troll their website ^_^)
    Say, it's great about your work permit! What job would you like to get?
    Well, keep us posted and good luck with the last week of Camp NaNo!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you wonderful human being <3 Thank you so much!!
      It's pretty cool, and fairly relaxed if you get stressed out pretty easily (like me) Yeah, they're the first first lines :) Then, after this round, 50 are picked and the authors add their second lines, and there's another vote. Then down to 25, then 10 are asked for 100 words and a 30 word pitch. Those ten recieve a critique of their first chapter, and three are offered a partial request from some of the agents judging :D It's just fun to put yourself out there and see what happens without too much pressure. You should totally enter next time :D
      I don't know... Something little that'll still give me plenty of time to write :) Maybe Wholefoods or a cafe or something. I'm not a career person :)
      Good luck with the last week of Camp!!

      Delete
    2. Oooh! Sounds interesting!
      Maybe I WILL try it next time! ^_^
      But it's a very short window in which to submit, no?
      Anyway, I'll keep an eye out :) Thanks!

      Delete