Sunday 10 May 2015

The End of Paperwork and the Beginning of Living!!

Babababaaaaa!!!



ALL the forms are in and ALL  the fees are paid! Now, just a matter of waiting to hear when my fingerprints will need to be taken and then, in a few months, I will have my little green card! It's an inordinate relief to have it all in, it's been such a headache! Thank god for Christine and her parents!

This also marks the first step towards changing my name (weeiird!) as I had to make a split decision as to what name I wanted on my greencard it seems appropriate that this'll be the first official document in which I'll be a Wingrove (weeeiiird!!!) Still be a Symes-Smith for writing purposes though ;) 

Have also applied for a temporary work-permit so I can get on and start working whilst they process the greencard application. Who even knows when it'll all come through, but it'll happen when it happens, and I'm really starting to feel real again now! And, since all the ridiculous fees are over, we can start saving for our home and our life (and our trip to Disney World) so Weeee!!! Exciting stuff :D

2 comments:

  1. Your post gives me so much hope, since I am going through the exact same thing with my fiance right now. We are still waiting for our visa to go to the USA, and hoping it arrives this week. Then I'll probably repeat everything you went through as well. All that to say - I'm so happy things worked out for you and I hope I can get through the next six months with a smile too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck! It's scary and stressful, but infinitely worth it :D And everything's going to be okay, don't let anyone scare you into thinking it won't be! Let me know how it all goes!

      Delete