Thursday 28 May 2015

Happy Montheversay!

Well, Moon Path: Draft Four is officially one month old yesterday, and clocking in at 30k. Not too shabby! 

I'm really enjoying working so closely with old versions -- not having to worry about *what( happens, but focusing on the hows and the twiddly bits. Circumstances (eg. being an idiot and forgetting my keyboard) have meant that I've had to handwrite a couple of scenes, but that's actually worked out pretty spectacularly. Getting away from the growing doc feels a lot more spacey, and -- of course -- typing up again means an extra edit, which is always good! Actually handwriting the scene out of choice today. Have no idea how long this little routine will taste good. 

I can't believe it's almost June already! And that means July is right around the corner and... No. I will not accept it. Time is going waaay too fast! *If* I do July camp, it's going to be completely unpressurized, just keep going as I'm going, maybe a little more concentrated. We'll see. 

I had hoped to have Moon Path wrapped up by July but hahahahaha yeah right no way not a chance. I'm not going to make the same mistake as I did in March/April and overdo it. That was gross and lesson learnt!! 

Got some interesting feedback on a little scene today, and it's inspired me to do another character explanation soon. But not yet. Need to think it through first. But it's interesting to think about the lie between a confusing character and a challenging one, and it's definitely something I'm going to have to watch out for. But, as it stands, I'm going to follow my instincts regarding him unless absolutely necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment