Tuesday 6 May 2014

Re-Evaluation Time and Some Music Recs

I've come to the conclusion that the more you think about a project, the harder it is to execute. I'm at a complete block with Bonsai; I know exactly what needs to happen, it just isn't. So I'm going to step back from it and, in a few weeks, start plotting properly. When I was ghostwriting my NA novel, it was extremely helpful to have a scene-by-scene plan, so I think I'm going to make one of those. At the moment, it's very much lacking focus, and I seem to have been sacrificing plot for style. I think I'm going to rewrite in a less experimental way. One of the aspects I was most please with regarding The Moon Path was that it read like a book - it wasn't trying too hard and it flowed well - so I think I need to go back to that.  

Basically, I need to treat it like a ghostwriting project and distance myself from it. 

In other news:

This is what I'm listening to at the moment - 

Lana Del Ray - Gods & Monsters It's taken me a while to discover Lana (yes, I know - I'm super slow!) but now I'm hooked! She has a fantastically unique style - pop-y and hypnotic all at once. Also very keen on Dark Paradise from the same album. 

I have also discovered Taylor Davis - an amazingly talented violinist who popped onto my Tumblr dash a few days ago with her own cover of the Doctor Who theme (see embedded) I thoroughly and passionately recommend checking out her whole Youtube channel, especially her covers of Now We Are Fee (Gladiator)  and Promentory (Last of the Mohicans)


No comments:

Post a Comment