Friday 11 March 2016

!!!!

Firstly, apologies for being incredibly absent. It's been a head-down-don't-stop sort of year so far.

However...

I HAVE OFFICIALLY FINISHED-FINISHED MY FIRST NOVEL!

The last month has been spent editing and reading, editing and reading, rinse and repeat, until everything is as it should be. And it finally is. After four weeks of agonizing over the first chapter, it's all pulled together and it's done.

Gonna take a few days, maybe a week, and chill before thinking about its future.

In the mean time, have a glance at everything that's lead up to this moment.

Drafts and notes and notebooks, not including all the un-printed bits and pieces. I especially love that I've found myself going back to all the old scraps, bits I thought I'd never look at again, to add to the final (final!!!) draft. 

And I'm pleased with it. Like, 100% pleased with it. 

It was all worth it.

(Even though my I key gave up the ghost yesterday)


But sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

In other big news: WE'RE MOVING TO OUR FIRST APARTMENT THIS TIME NEXT WEEK! Signed the lease last week and been crazily furniture shopping (bought some gorgeous pieces!) Will post more about that when it's all up and together.


2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you sleep at night. What have you done ?
    You have poured hate on me for your own advantage.
    On your birthday, you should meditate on why the people closest to you pushed you away: it's because of you.
    Happy fucking Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's really quite spectacular. I haven't spoken or responded to you in a year, and you wonder why? If you want a conversation with me, you can write to me at the address you have. You will not be getting my home address. I don't know who these people are who I have 'pushed away'. I am incredibly lucky that I have the love and support of family and friends, and I am thankful for them every day. On my birthday, I will meditate on how much I have grown that I am strong enough to cut loose from your jealous toxicity. I am sorry that you feel the need to post such poison on a post about the good things in your daughter's life. I think you'll be doing more meditating on my birthday than I will.

    ReplyDelete