Friday 20 March 2015

March Catch-Up

Well, March has certainly been a productive month so far!

Just hit 60k on my WIP, and it's really starting to take shape. I have a good idea what I need to do in the next draft and I'm fairly confident that, after that, it'll just be a matter of tweaking. I don't think I'll have quite finished by April, but it'll just be a matter of a couple of scenes left if not.

Got married on Wednesday (will do a longer post about that when I get the photos back!) now we're recognised everywhere as properly, legally, wifes ^^ Finally!! But yes, more about that later :)

Finally got sorted into my Camp Cabin and, well, it's just about perfect. Most people I've been chatting to for a fair while, and there're a couple of new faces too. Our word-count goals range from 30k to 350k, and everyone's psyching each other up to push themselves -- which is exactly why I wanted to be in an OA cabin in the first place. It's an inspiring group to be a part of! Ironally, OAs have proven to be the most open and the most accepting group of people on NaNo -- they know that anything's possible if only you have the courage to try, and the word count themselves rarely come into it at all. It's much more an attitude than a word-count thing.

So yes, all good things! Having a break from paper work and visa thoughts before we change the visa into a green-card (I don't even want to think about how much that's going to cost -_-) But everything's looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment